Day 2 of Jakarta

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

So let's move on to Day 2 which is more like day 1 to me since I didn't do much yesterday. So before I fly to Jakarta I told Silvia there's only two places(Mangdu & Bandung) I wanna visit when I am there and with that I am more than happy already. Reason being I just want to have a relax trip and not the fast and furious kind of trip. So, today we're going to Mangga Dua or the locals call it Mangdu! But before that let me show you what I had for brunch!


Yummy healthy brown rice with soup.




Drools!!! Can I teleport myself back there again just to have brunch pls? =(

Let's move on...

If you LOVE <3> shopping and lurveee bargains then this place is a must visit. Mangdy is like the Indonesia Sungei Wang except over here there's more shops, more options and wayyy nicer and prettier clothes. Prices for the clothes is reasonable although I wouldn't say it's super cheap as compared to what you can get in Bangkok but I felt it's pretty good deal for me. If I am nice enough I will do a post on all my purchases from Jakarta, comment if you guys wanna see it. Let me know! ;)
Shop shop shop!


The ground floor mostly sells imitation handbags, the floors going up is all clothes with a mixture of shoes. My fav is the 4th and 5th floors.

So this is Mangdu

Another awesome thing about Indonesia is that the DVD's is superrrr cheap. Around 5,000 Rupiah per piece which is.....only RM1.50! I felt it's such a rip off when they're actually selling it at Rm10 per piece here. You know what's the best part? It's buy 10 free 1 @.@

I went mad and bought 65 pieces




mine with chocolate chips!

After that we had baso goreng!!!!! So niceeeee.......aihs I am craving for one while writing this right now.


Sil paying up








Okay, shopping done for the day =) One thing nice about the shops here is that most shops here will pack your clothes and put it into very nice paper bags unlike most shops in sungai wang just put it into very ugly plastic bags so unglam :/



When I reach Jakarta Digi sent me a sms as below.

only RM0.99?? they make it sound like a bargain lol @.@
So if you're in Indonesia next time I suggest you get a sim card. Why? Cause its super cheap can die. It will only cost you around RM8 with Rp25,000 credit inside. I've sent out so many sms-es the credit also cannot finish. Definitely save me a lot of money as compared to the roaming with Digi.

So if you're wondering the currency for Indonesia here it is

Rp10,000 = Rm3.2

to be continue...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many foods and you made me hungry!! Btw, are the food expensive? Hehe... you bought so many DVDs, the customs didnt stop you?

Hannah said...

siao...buy so many...and yea...I love Indo food!!!

Anonymous said...

i wanna see ur purchases!